Here are some steps you can take to clean your wooden floor and not damage the finish.
Dilute ½ cup of white vinegar in 1 gallon of warm water, damp the mop in the solution and squeeze the mop nearly dry.
- Always moist the mop with diluted water when cleaning your wooden floor, this because it is safer than pouring the solution on the floor directly.
- To make cleaning your floor a stress- free one, make sure you clean it section by section. Place a towel on the floor while cleaning to mop dry the wet and remove any streaky or dulling traces of your cleaning solution.
- Streaky liquid from your mop, spills can damage floors if you don’t clean them up immediately.
- Grit is one of the major damage that can destroy your wood floor; it will be important to avoid this damage by putting mats at your doors to collect grit and endeavor to keep the mats clean.
- The best way to reduce grit on your floor is for you to frequently dust mop the areas where there is possibility of having excess grit, this is what will determine how often you will dust and mop a regular household.
- Do not drag furniture on wood floor. While purchasing your furniture ensure that felt and furniture protectors are installed on it. You can also make use of the brush attached to a vacuum cleaner.
- For you to have a sparkling and shinning floor, always put a waxed paper under your dust mop this is because the dirt will only stick to the mop and the wax will leave your floor sparkling clean.
- Here are some guides to removing different type of stains.
If you have any material with water stain and you have problem removing such stain, you can get rid of the stain by rubbing the spot with No. 2 steel wool and wax.
In situations where you have a more serious water stains all you need do to get rid of the stain is lightly sand with fine sandpaper , clean the spot with No.1 or 00 steel wool and mineral spirits or use floor cleaner then refinish and wax.
You can easily remove stains from cigarette burns by applying the affected spot with soap and rub with moistened steel wool .
Heel and Caster Mark
Cleaning stains from heel and caster mark is made easy, if you can just apply floor cleaner and scrub
Energetically with fine steel wool, then wipe dry and polish the floor.
Ink stains and other Dark Spots.
When you want to remove ink stains from your clothes or any stained material, all you need to do is to use No.2 steel wool and floor cleaner to clean the spot and adjoining area.
In the situation where the stain is uneasy to clean or get rid of, wash the affected area thoroughly, if the stain remains sand with fine sandpaper, re-wax and polish. You may have to change the material if the stains remain irremovable.
Chewing gum and Wax Deposits.
You can remove wax deposit stains by putting ice on the affected spot until the deposit is breakable and crumbles off .
You can also remove chewing gum stains by adding floor cleaner to the spot so the fluid will soak under and loosen the gum.
Rub the affected spot with liquid or paste wax.
For you to give your vinyl floors a long lasting care here are some tips on how to go about it.
- Firstly, you give your floor a clean sweep, and then damp your mop in a water and dishwashing detergent solution.
- When you wax your floor regularly there will be no needs for a neck breaking waxing, regular cleaning prevents further wear and tear.
Tips you cannot afford to miss on how to keep your carpets in tiptop shape.
- When you want to clean dry spots and loosen soil, always make sure you vacuum clean the carpet before moistening it.
- Take out stains from your carpets with the use of white cloth.
- Do you find it difficult removing wax drop on your carpet or upholstery? You don’t sweat it, just spread a clean, absorbent cloth on the wax stain and press a hot iron on it and then remove the cloth.
- Greasy stains on your carpets can be easily removed by mildly coating the affected spot with aerosol shaving cream, give it a speedy dry with the use of hair dryer , then vacuum.
- Get greasy stain off by sprinkling the area with baking soda, cornstarch or talcum powder. Leave on for at least 8 hours, and then vacuum.
I bet you never you never knew there are any good use to Bounce, the stuff in the dryer has numerous uses. Here are some of the guides on how to put Bounce to use. Great advice from local carpet cleaners.
- Wipe your television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from your screen. Also, eliminate static electricity from your television screen, since Bounce is designed to eliminate static cling,
- You can make your shower doors new every now and then by cleaning the dissolve soap scum on it with a used sheet of Bounce.
- You can brighten the air and atmosphere in your home just by placing a sheet of bounce in a drawer or hang one in the closet.
- If you have sewing machine at home, you can avoid your thread from tangling by running a threaded needle through a sheet of Bounce to eliminate the static cling on the thread before sewing.
- Rub a damp, used sheet of Bounce over the hose to eliminate static cling from pantyhose.
- To avoid having musty suit cases when you are ready for that business trip, put an individual sheet of Bounce inside empty luggage before storing.
- Make the air in your car refreshing by placing a sheet of Bounce under the front seat.
- Bounce Cleans baked-on food from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in the pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static agents apparently weaken the bond between the food and the pan while the fabric softening agents soften the baked-on food.
- Does the smell from your waste basket disgusts you? Eliminate this odor by placing a sheet of Bounce at the bottom of the waste basket.
- Bounce works for pets too; you can collect cat hair by rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce which will magnetically attract all the loose hairs.
- Wipe the blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resetting. Bounce eliminates static electricity from venetian blinds.
- You don’t like the smell from your shoes or sneakers, deodorize them by placing a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or sneakers overnight so they will smell great in the morning.
- In cleaning sturdy stains you may have to get few cleaning agents that likely be at your own risk. When you want to clean heavier stains on your marble, select three or four bars of ivory soap, cut into pieces and melt in hot water until the content gives you a thin mixture of liquid.
Apply this content on your marble, leave on the marble for close to 5 days. Should the content become messy on the marble add few drops of water , and wash it off at the end of the period.
For removing lighter stains, all you need do is get a fresh lemon, sprinkle salt on it and rub lightly over the stain.
Ensure you don not rub too hard or else you will damage the polished surface of your marble. Rinse off the top with soap and water.